Posted on 11 October by
Let’s work together to keep our shopping centre safe
We can’t wait to have you back at Macarthur Square.
Our centre is open and trading, and we’re delighted to welcome back many retailers who have reopened their stores.
We continue to monitor the advice from the NSW Government, to ensure our practices evolve to reflect ongoing changes.
The health and wellbeing of our customers, centre staff and local community is our highest priority. We thank you for making it yours too.
NSW Government have advised that only fully vaccinated people will be able to access non-essential retail until Wednesday 1 December 2021.
We have introduced some signs to our centre to help you easily navigate which retailers are essential and which are non-essential.
All essential retailers will have green ‘we’re essential retail’ signs posted in their store windows, and non-essential retailers will display pink ‘we’re non-essential retail’ signs.
During this time, anyone who is not fully vaccinated will only be able to access essential retail or click and collect and takeaway services from non-essential retail.
In line with the NSW Government guidelines, our retailers will also adhere to the following:
- All Retailers and Hospitality venues will be subject to 1 person per 4sqm inside. Capacity limits will be on display at each of our stores.
- Personal services such as hairdressers and nail salons can open with 1 person per 4sqm, with a maximum of 5 clients in a venue at any one time.
- Gyms and indoor recreation facilities can open under the 1 person per 4sqm rule and can offer classes for up to 20 people.
- Seating in our food court will be open to fully vaccinated customers only.
Masks will remain mandatory for all indoor public venues, and hospitality staff will be required to wear a mask when outdoors.
How you can help keep our community safe
It’s important we all play our part in keeping each other safe. We ask that when shopping at Macarthur Square you follow these simple guidelines.
- Keep a safe distance between you and others
- Wash or sanitise your hands regularly
- Allow extra time for your shopping visit. You may need to queue outside your favourite stores (due to store capacity limits)
- Sign into the centre and to each store you visit using the Service NSW QR codes, or using the alternate manual check in process
- Stay at home if you’re unwell
- Be kind and treat staff and customers with respect
Here’s how we’re taking care of you
We continue to support our retailers throughout this time, and some stores have adjusted their opening hours. See here for the latest store opening hours.
We also have a number of additional services and hygiene measures which remain in place throughout the centre in the interests of everyone’s safety:
- Hand sanitiser stations throughout the centre
- Frequent cleaning of all customer touch points
- Facilitating and encouraging social distancing with signage on display throughout the centre, limiting the number of customers in stores, lifts and throughout our malls
- Health screening of centre management staff and contractors before they start work each day
We appreciate we’ve seen a lot of change in recent times, so we’d like to thank you for your ongoing support and understanding as we navigate this situation and keep our community safe.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!